Thursday, March 31, 2011

Casting- A Hard Thing To Do.

I can now understand why a Casting Director for film or theater is a highly paid position. Let me explain.

Yesterday as I mentioned, we had auditions for the Shoreline Shorts. For those who don't know the Shoreline Shorts are student written, student acted, and student directed stage plays all wrapped up into one fantastic evening of theater. Anyway about 15 girls auditioned for it. Out of these 15 girls, it is up to me to choose 2. Never thought it would be so difficult. On the way to school this morning I was thinking how hard it would be to narrow down from 100 people. So my respect for the casting directors everywhere has grown significantly.

In other news, this morning we had to do a scene in acting class. It was only a 5 minute scene but for some reason it was quite hard. I kept fucking up the lines. It didn't help that my partner also kept getting out of it, but that's no excuse. I must learn to deal with that as an actor. I don't know if I even have talent. That's the thing. I must realize whether or not I can pursue this as a career. I hope God will give me hope and guidance throughout the year, and perhaps allow me to see things clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment